Artificial Grass Throughout Somerset
No More Mowing …
No matter what you call it, whether it’s artificial grass, fake grass, artificial turf, synthetic grass, plastic grass or astro turf, artificial grass has come a long long way since the days of astro turf on the sports pitch. Instead of it being an un natural green colour and giving you grass burn at a passing glance, modern day synthetic grass is quiet the opposite, it is soft to touch, looks like real grass (Without the weeds) needs very little maintenance, pets love it and you wont get that bear muddy look in the winter if the lawn is heavily used as you would with real grass.
There are loads of benefits of choosing artificial turf instead of a real turf:
– Synthetic grass can look so real the only thing that gives it away is the lack of weeds.
– No more mowing, feeding, watering or disposing of clippings.
– Children and pets can play on the lawn year round.
– Can be laid in the shade.
– WB Design & Construction can install artificial grass from as little as £30/sqm+VAT* on a solid suitable surface and as little as £37/sqm +VAT* in place of an existing lawn.
* These prices are based on the lower end of the artificial turf spectrum150m2 Terms & Conditions apply.
Typical Prices for small domestic lawns are £50 – £80/sqm + VAT
Areas we cover
Based In Bridgwater WB Design & Construction are ideally situated to install your new artificial grass lawn in Somerset and further afield.
We regulary work throughout Somerset installing Artificial grass and carrying out other landscaping works Below is a list of some of the areas we cover:
– Allerford – Ash – Ashcott – Ashley – Axbridge – Banwell – Barton St David – Basonbridge – Batcombe – Bath – Beckington – Berrow – Bicknoller – Bishop Lydeard – Blagdon – Brean – Brean Sands – Brent Knoll – Bridgetown – Bridgwater – Bruton – Buckland Dinham- Buckland St Mary – Burnham On Sea – Burrowbridge – Burtle – Butcombe – Butleigh – Cannington – Castle Cary – Catcott – Chard – Charlton Adam – Cheddar – Chew Magna – Churchill – Churchinford – Clapton In Gordano – Clevedon – Combe Florey – Combe Hay – Congresbury – Corton Denham – Coxley – Cranmore – Crewkerne – Cricket St Thomas – Croscombe – Cross – Crowcombe – Culmhead – Curry Mallet – Dinnington – Ditcheat – Dowlish Wake – Drayton – Dulverton – Dunster – East Brent – East Chinnock – East Coker – East Huntspill – East Woodlands – Emborough – Enmore – Evercreech – Exford – Farrington Gurney – Faulkland – Felton – Fitzhead – Freshford – Frome – Glastonbury – Goathurst – Godney Slade – Haselbury Plucknett – High Littleton – Highbridg – Hinton Blewett – Hinton St George – Hinton Charterhouse- Holcombe – Holford – Honiton – Horton – Ilchester – Ilminster – Keynsham – Kingston St Mary – Langley Marsh – Langport – Leigh Upon Mendip – Litton – Long Ashton – Lower Henlade – Lower Vobster – Luxborough – Lydeard St Lawrence – Lympsham – Lyng – Lynton – Marmston Magna – Martock – Meare – Mells – Merriott – Middlezoy – Midford – Midsomer Norton – Milverton – Minehead – Misterton – Monksilver – Montacute – Muirhead – Nailsea – Nether Stowey – North Curry – North Newton – North Perrott – North Petherton – North Wootton – Norton St Philip – Norton Sub Hamdon – Nunney – Odcombe – Orchardleigh – Over Stratton Paultron – Pitminster – Porlock – Portishead – Priddy – Raddington – Radstock – Rode – Rodney Stoke – Rudge – Saltford – Seavington St Michael – Shapwick – Sharpham – Shepton Beauchamp – Shepton Mallet – Shepton Montague – Shipham – Shurton – Simonsbath – Somerton – South Cadbury – South Petherton – Sparkford – Spaxton – Standerwick – Staple Fitzpaine – Stawley – Stogumber – Stogursey – Stoke St Gregory – Stoke St Michael – Stoke Sub Hamdon – Stoke Sub Harndon – Street – Suddon- Taunton – Temple Cloud – Templecombe – Thurloxton – Tickenham – Tintinhull – Triscombe – Trudoxhill – Trull – Upton Noble – Wadeford – Walton St Mary – Wambrook – Watchet – Wedmore – Wellington – Wellow – Wells – West Camel – West Coker – West Frome – West Huntspill – West Pennard – West Quantoxhead – Westbury On Trym – Westbury Sub Mendip – Weston Super Mare – Westonzoyland – Wheddon Cross – Williton – Wincanton – Winscombe – Winsford – Winsham – Withypool – Wiveliscombe – Wivelscombe – Wookey – Woolverton – Wootton Courtenay – Wrington – Yarlington – Yeovil
How much for your new artificial lawn
So you have read our page on artificial lawn and are interested in a price.
To allow us to give you an accurate estimate for your new artificial lawn please provide us with as much of the following information as possible.
Now you have gathered up some information its time to send it across to us, don’t worry if you haven’t managed to answer all of the questions above. There are several ways you can get in touch, via our contact form, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: WB Design & Construction, County Court Chambers, Queen Street, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3DA
- Proposed artificial lawn dimensions and shape. (It may be useful to send us a little sketch of your proposed design with the dimensions on)
- Are there going to be items within the artificial lawn area you will require the artificial grass to be fitted around?
- Photos of the area where you require your new artificial lawn to be installed.
- Current surface on areas to have your new artificial lawn installed.
- What is the soil type in the garden?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you have any children?
- Is the area going to be a children’s play area with equipment like swings and climbing frames?
- What is the lawn going to be predominantly used for?
- What budget do you have? (The reason we ask this question is so that we can narrow down the grass type and exact installation details when we are providing a price as we have a large range of synthetic grasses to choose from with varying different prices. Of course you do not have to provide us with a budget and we can provide you with several different price options.
- Whats the access like? (Is access to the garden down a passage way, through the house or straight off of the road? what is the narrowest point, are there tight turns involved? by all means provide us with some pictures)
- What room is there to park? (By all means provide us with some pictures)
- What room is there to place a skip off road? (By all means provide us with some pictures)
- What room is there to place a materials off road? (By all means provide us with some pictures)
- Any other information you think may be relevant.
Maintaining Your Artificial Lawn
Artificial grass in a domestic situation requires very little in the way of maintenance. Following the few points below will keep your synthetic grass looking at it’s best.
– Like with real grass, over time the blades (pile) on artificial turf when walked on or played on, will flatten slightly, the blades can be raised by giving the grass a brush with a stiff brush against the direction of the pile. This will also remove any light debris, eg. leaves keeping your grass clean.
– If anything sticky is spilt on the synthetic grass it can be washed off with warm soapy water.
– Removal of dog faeces and hosing down will prevent smells developing as a result o bacteria. Similarly it is advisable to hose down urine especially during dry periods to prevent a build up of smell.
– During installation WB Design & Construction uses high grade weed barrier underneath the artificial grass, making it almost impossible for any weeds to grow from underneath the grass. However, occasionally air borne seeds may become lodged in the surface and try to germinate. These can be easily picked out by hand. Also you can occasionally get weeds trying to grow along the border edges of the grass, these too can be easily picked out.
– Please never set off fireworks or drop hot coals on the synthetic grass as this will melt the grass.
Artificial Grass Maintenance Package
Treating your artificial grass to an occasional overhaul will keep it in top condition, it is advisable to carry this out annually to keep the artificial grass at its best.
WB Design & Construction’s package consists of:
– ‘Vacuuming’ the area to remove any light debris.
– A detailed check of the area will be carried out to, checking joins and edging detail.
– A vigorous brushing of the surface will be carried out to rejuvenate the surface.
– Sand infill levels will be checked and topped up where required.
– The surface will be treated with a moss and algae killer and antibacterial sanitiser, leaving the surface clean and safe.
Below is a list of costing for our artificial turf maintenance packages:
0-50 square meters – £150 +VAT
50-100 square meters – £200 +VAT
100-150 square meters – £250 +VAT